Saturday, March 5, 2011

We Need Help Spelling Zoe(y)

Friends Stacey and I have reached and impasse and we need your help to resolve a spelling issue. Here are the arguments:

Zoey - this is my (Dave's) preference. Adding the 'y' seems to eliminate any possibility of someone calling her 'Zo' (like Toe). I also think it is cool to have a name with both a 'z' in it and a 'y.'


Zoe - Stacey's preference. This is the more common spelling. So, peer pressure I guess :)

---------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Eowyn's Heir said...

If you could do the cool double-dots over the e, then I'd say spell it Zoƫ. That tells people the name has 2 syllables. Otherwise, phonetically it SHOULD be "zoe" rhyming with "toe."

Eowyn's Heir said...

see http://www.tomveatch.com/zoe-umlaut.html